I’m sure most of us has heard about Kobe Bryant. And for some who haven’t, here’s a brief description about him. Kobe Byrant was an American basketball player. He entered National Basketball Association(NBA) directly from high school, and won two Olympic gold medals for men’s basketball. Byrant has won five NBA championships, was an 18-time All Star, 15-time member of the All-NBA Team.
Wait a minute, don’t put pressure on yourself thinking this person is God sent and that he hasn’t struggled. He has definitely struggled with a knee injury during his tenure, but did that stop him from achieving from those titles? It is not about winning or losing, he is about playing the match. Lakers did not win every match they played, but did that stop Kobe from striving for the trophy or performing his 100 per cent? No, right!
For all of us out there, some days will be harder than others. No matter how confident and diligent you are, you will have to deal with rough patches. You might lose all your motivation and just want to quit. But it only at that time you have to realize, don’t fall without a struggle.
Success is not a destination; it is a journey.
It is not only confined to career rather constitutes every aspect of your life. Struggle can be in every phase and stage of our life. Not trying makes us a failure rather than actually trying it.
Next time you are doing any task, just remember to keep these tips in your mind.
At the end of the task, it won’t matter you lost or won but what will matter is you TRIED!
- Daily agenda: Don’t just sit there thinking about the things that you need to accomplish in the future. What you can do is to actually make a list – literally. Take note and mention everything that you need to do in your social, professional, academic or even love life.
- Create a clear picture of your short-term and long-term goals: Identify your short-term and long-term goals so that you know which aspects of your life you should prioritize.
- Avoid over-thinking and over-analyzing situations: Sometimes, your worries about the failure are all in your head. Over-thinking and over-analyzing things can even create problems that don’t even exist, so before you start panicking and feeling overwhelmed, just relax and take time to properly look at the situation.
- Don’t try to be a perfectionist: every time you do task necessarily won’t give you the results you have desired. You might not be satisfied with it at the end of the day. Rather on focus on what you are gaining out of it monetarily or experience.
- Avoid thinking about winning or losing: the moment you decide it isn’t about this, you will actually pay more attention to details and work hard towards the goal.
Life is the struggle, and the important thing isn’t that we win but that we put up the fight, that we fight the good fight all the way to the end, because in the end that’s what defines us and makes us who we are.
We’re all going to end up in the same place, but it’s what we do and how we get there that makes all the difference.
Do your best, it’s all any of us can do.
Read my next blog on women everywhere who have proved that in a world of men, all women are wonderous! https://chandanalife9602.home.blog/2020/02/27/in-a-world-of-ordinary-mortals-you-are-a-wonder-woman/
Leave a Reply